This zucchini raisin bread is moist with a crunchy topping making it perfect for brunch and lunchboxes alike!
Every gardener or friend of a gardener needs ways to use up zucchini in late summer and zucchini bread is always a classic, easy baked good.
Light on Spice
This particular bread has just a hint of spice. Many zucchini bread recipes are particularly heavy on cinnamon and other spices. While that can be tasty, here the spice is merely a compliment not the main flavor.
Lots of Raisins
There is an entire cup of raisins in one loaf of bread. Admittedly, that’s quite a bit but it gives this bread a wonderful texture and flavor.
Golden raisins would add a beautiful color but I don’t generally have those in my pantry.
The streusel topping could be skipped if desired. However, it adds texture and flavor that is really worth doing. It’s just a small extra step and honestly so very tasty.
Easy to Double
Have a lot of zucchini? Double the recipe and make 2 loaves. Heck, make more and freeze or give away extras.
This is already a pretty hearty loaf. However, there are ways to bulk it up even more:
- Add up to 1 cup of chopped nuts
- Toss in 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Substitute dried cranberries for the raisins
How to Freeze
Bake and cool the loaf completely. Place inside an airtight bag and freeze.
Use up frozen loaves within 6 months for best flavor and to prevent freezer burn.
Want Other Ways to Use Your Zucchini?
Try this savory zucchini cornbread for something different. It’s loaded with cheese and hot peppers too – making it perfect for a side dish.
Zucchini Raisin Bread
A moist loaf with crunchy struesel topping zucchini raisin bread is perfect for snacks and dessert.
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Salted Butter, melted
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 Cups Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Shredded Zucchini, packed
- 1 Cup Raisins
- 1 Tablespoon Salted Butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
Make the Topping
- Stir together the melted butter, brown sugar, and flour until everything is mixed and a bit crumbly. Set aside.
Make the Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, melted butter, sugar, and vanilla extract until completely emulsified.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until almost completely combined.
- Add the zucchini and raisins, mix until everything is thoroughly incorporated.
- Spread into the prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping over the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until an inserted tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan to cool completely on wire racks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g
I try but cannot guarantee this nutritional information is 100% accurate.
Leave a Reply