Strawberry quick bread is an easy way to highlight summer’s fresh berries for brunch or dessert.
The addition of poppy seeds give this strawberry bread a bit of crunch and an extra layer of flavor. They are completely optional but a wonderful addition.
Super Quick & Easy
There is no need to wait for butter to soften as the recipe uses oil. As long as fresh berries are on hand, the rest of the ingredients are likely already in the pantry making this easy to pull together in a hurry.
Use a lightly flavored vegetable oil or even melted coconut oil here. A strongly flavored olive oil would work but isn’t ideal.
Melted butter instead of oil could be substituted.
Loaded with Berries
This loaf is chock full of berries. A full 8 ounces of chopped strawberries are in the loaf, meaning every single bite is likely to bursting with fresh berry goodness.
The recipe is amazing as written. However, if you want to try something a little different consider these additions:
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Add 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Use mixed berries instead of just strawberries
To Glaze or Not?
This is intentionally a lightly sweetened quick bread. To make it sweeter for dessert drizzle with a vanilla glaze or even some melted chocolate.
Make extra loaves if you’re blessed with extra strawberries that need using and freeze the extras.
To freeze whole loaves, simply place inside freezer bags or containers. Alternatively, slice the loaves and place the slices inside airtight bags and freeze.
Eat the frozen bread up within 6 months for best flavor and to prevent freezer burn.
Want to make strawberry muffins instead? Find my easy strawberry muffin recipe here.
- 2 Cups Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Strawberries, chopped (approximately 8 ounces)
- 1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease an 8 X 4" bread pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set Aside.
- Whisk together the sugar, egg, oil, and milk until completely emulsified.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until almost combined.
- Fold in the strawberries and poppy seeds until everything is completely combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for an hour, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Set the pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the pan and allow to cool completely on wire rack before slicing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 237mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g
I try but cannot guarantee this nutritional information is 100% accurate.