Make the most of fresh and sweet spring berries with these easy strawberry muffins.
Rich and buttery with lots of chunks of juicy fruit in every bite homemade strawberry muffins can quickly become a spring tradition.
Decadent Breakfast Muffins
The combination of butter and berries in these muffins do make them feel quite indulgent. They are sweet but not overly so making them an easy breakfast on-the-go or a perfect compliment to some eggs.
While there’s no need to change the original recipe, it would be easy to do so for all kinds of fun changes.
Use a mix of berries instead of just strawberries for mixed berry muffins.
Substitute half of the strawberries for some chocolate chips or chopped nuts.
Easy to Double
Because the recipe is so very easy and the ingredients fairly basic, it’s easy to double for an extra large batch.
This makes it easy to use up any berries sitting in the refrigerator before they go bad and avoid waste.
The moistness of these muffins make them ideal for freezing and longer term storage.
After the muffins have baked and cooled completely, place them into airtight containers or bags to freeze.
To eat, simply pull from the freezer and allow to thaw at room temperature. In a pinch, one could defrost in the microwave.
Eat frozen muffins up within 6 months for best flavor and to prevent freezer burn.
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Chopped Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a muffin tin.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix well. Alternate adding the flour mixture and milk until the batter is almost completely combined.
- Fold in the chopped strawberries and stir until completely combined. The batter will be thick.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups, they will be almost completely full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. An inserted toothpick will come out clean when they are done.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. They need too cool for a bit first and set up, they are quite soft.
- Remove from pan to cool on wire racks. Serve warm or at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g
I try but cannot guarantee this nutritional information is 100% accurate.