Use up the glorious fresh apples of fall in this easy apple bread recipe.
Made without spice to let the fruit flavor truly shine through this apple quick bread is sure to be a favorite Autumn snack.
Ideally, an apple with lots of flavor and a crisp texture should be used here. However, use whatever you have on hand. There’s no need to go hunting for something special.
Fruit, No Spice
The recipe includes no spice at all which tends to be unusual in apple baked goods.
For sure, spice can add a lot of flavor and does work well with apples. However, this bread recipe lets the apples be the star.
A person could easily add a half teaspoon of apple pie spice or ground cinnamon with the dry ingredients if desired.
Substitute up to 1 cup of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat flour. The extra bit of grain adds a delightful texture and flavor to the final loaf.
The bread is lovely just as the recipe is written. There’s no need for more and yet there are a couple of ways to bulk it up and make it a slightly more impressive dessert, if desired:
- Stir in up to 1 cup of chopped nuts
- Add a brown sugar streusel topping (like the one I used on the zucchini bread here)
- Mix in some raisins or dried cranberries
- After baking, drizzle a vanilla or caramel glaze over the cooled loaf
Freeze for Later
Have some apples about to go bad? Double or even quadruple the recipe.
Freeze extra loaves by letting them cool completely. Place loaves in freezer bags and let freeze.
Thaw at room temperature before serving.
Use up frozen loaves within 6 months for best flavor and to prevent freezer burn.
More Apple Recipes
- 2 Cups Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Salted Butter, melted
- 1 Cup Apple, peeled & chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. set aside.
- Whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, and milk until completely combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until almost completely combined.
- Fold in the chopped apples, mixing until everything is combined.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55 minutes to an hour, or until an inserted tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan to cool completely on wire racks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 149mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 4g
I try but cannot guarantee this nutritional information is 100% accurate.