Coffee muffins are an ideal way to infuse your morning coffee throughout the entire meal for an extra kick to start the day.
This super fast and simple coffee muffins recipe is sweet and full of coffee flavor that can inspire a leisurely breakfast or be a grab and go treat for busy days.
Quick & Easy
The muffin recipe uses melted butter meaning there’s no need to worry about softening before getting started.
If you’re using hot coffee to start the muffins, place the butter in the coffee and let it melt, adding additional heat only if necessary. Using leftover or cold coffee will work.
Do let the melted butter and hot coffee cool a bit before continuing with the recipe. Adding an egg to hot liquid will likely cook it and isn’t the desired result.
Extra Boost of Coffee
If you like your coffee strong or with a hit of bitterness. Make the coffee extra strong before continuing with the rest of the recipe.
Alternatively, add a Tablespoon of instant espresso powder to the recipe.
Lighter Coffee Flavor
Alternatively, if you want to go lighter on the coffee flavor, use 1/2 cup coffee and 1/2 cup of milk instead of a full cup of coffee.
These are a soft and fluffy muffin but you can give them some additional texture and flavor, if desired. Consider these ideas to make the muffins your own:
- Add up to 1 cup of chopped nuts
- Whisk 1 teaspoon of ground spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.) into the flour mixture
- Fold in up to 1 cup of chocolate chips for a sweeter breakfast treat
- For an over-the-top treat, add up to 1 cup of chopped chocolate covered espresso beans
Freeze Extras for Later
The baked muffins freeze beautifully. Simply place the baked muffins into an airtight bag or container. Thaw as needed, use up within 6 months for best flavor (and before freezer burn).
- 2 Cups Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Coffee
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a muffin tin.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, melted butter, coffee, and egg until completely emulsified.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter equally among the 12 muffins cups
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Then remove from pan and allow to cool completely on wire racks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g
I try but cannot guarantee this nutritional information is 100% accurate.