For the coconut lover in your life, these triple coconut muffins are full of tropical flavor that is sure to delight and surprise.
With coconut milk, coconut oil, and coconut flakes all inside one portable package this coconut muffin recipe is easy to make and absolutely moist and delicious.
Coconut Milk Choices
For the most coconut flavor and added creaminess to these muffins use the full fat canned coconut milk. Stir it well before using it in the recipe.
However, the lite canned coconut milk will work as will the coconut milk in the carton that is sold alongside other plant and nut milks in the grocery store.
All will give varying degrees of coconut flavor and fat / creaminess to the final muffin but all will work well.
Unsweetened Coconut Shreds
Find unsweetened shredded coconut for these muffins if you can. Most health food stores will sell it if you can’t find it in the local grocery store.
Use the fine or thicker shreds for different textures but all work for flavor throughout the muffins.
The sweetened shredded bits normally found in the baking aisle will work in a pinch but make these muffins quite sweet.
The recipe is perfect just the way it is written but to bulk up the muffins consider adding up to one cup of the following:
- Roughly chopped almonds
- Chopped chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- Bits of dried pineapple
Make a double batch of the muffins and freeze extras. To freeze, simply bake and cool completely. Then store the muffins in airtight containers.
Use up frozen muffins within 6 months for best flavor and to prevent freezer burn.
Triple Coconut Muffins
Sweet and with a hint of the tropics these muffins are a pleasant treat overflowing with coconut flavor
- 2 Cups Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Coconut
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a muffin tin.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Set Aside.
- Whisk together the coconut milk, coconut oil, and egg until emulsified.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until almost combined.
- Add the shredded coconut and mix completely.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pan and cool completely on wire racks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 muffins
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 337mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 3g
I try but cannot guarantee this nutritional information is 100% accurate.
Leave a Reply