Peanut butter bread that is light and airy rather than a quick, cake-like loaf bread is difficult to find.
The peanut butter in this loaf is definitely present but not overpowering. It’s present enough that you won’t likely want to make an egg salad sandwich with it but you will enjoy it with more peanut butter and jam.
Simple Yet Delightful
There’s nothing fancy about this bread. Bread is always the simplest ingredients and yet they come together into something that is always delightful. For an experienced bread baker this recipe will be very easy and the novice baker should find it more than doable.
Recipe Difficulty: Beginner
This is a great bread for beginners. It will build upon basic bread making skills, like kneading and forming loaves. It’s not much different than a basic bread loaf and uses only all-purpose flour that most everyone has in the pantry. Yet the bit of peanut butter and eggs switch up the recipe just enough to extend those skills slightly and provide flavorful homemade bread.
The Perfect Toast
Slices of these loaves toast up delightfully. The smell of the peanut butter as it toasts will fill the house and is just some delicious. It gets wonderfully golden and crunchy in the toaster making it perfect for a quick breakfast.
A Great Gift
This bread would be great in a gift basket alongside a jar of homemade jam. A jar of honey or even some more peanut butter would also be perfect.
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Active Yeast
- 2 Cups Warm Water
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 2 Eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon Salt (adjust to 2 teaspoons if the Peanut Butter is unsalted)
- 7 Cups All Purpose Flour
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water until foamy.
- Add the honey, eggs, peanut butter, and salt. Whisk well.
- Begin adding the flour a bit at a time, mixing until a soft dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Put the dough into an oiled bowl and cover with a towel. Let rise until doubled.
- Punch down the dough and divide it into 2 equal halves. Knead each half into a loaf shape.
- Grease 2 9 X 5” bread pans and set the loaves inside. Cover with the towel and let rise until about doubled.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Bake loaves in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown (the loaves should sound hollow when tapped with a knuckle).
- Remove from the bread pans, immediately. Cool on wire racks before slicing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 slices Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
I try but cannot guarantee this nutritional information is 100% accurate.