Peaches are some of summer’s tastiest gifts to us. Highlight their juiciness and flavor by baking them up in some peach quick bread.
Peach bread is an easy and beautiful baked good, perfect for easy Sunday brunches or even summer desserts.
Easy to Make Batter
There’s nothing fancy going on here. Melted butter and basic staple ingredients pull together quickly enough to make the batter.
Do peel and chop the peaches. Use purchased slivered almonds to make the topping easier and skip chopping almonds for the batter itself.
Almonds are Optional
This peach bread recipe will work without the almonds. Don’t run out to the store just to get them. However, they do add a nice flavor and crunch. The topping also makes it even more beautiful but again, optional.
Double, if desired
Because this is so very easy to make, consider doubling or more the recipe. Simply divide among more loaf pans. This way you can share with friends or family and even bring some to a potluck.
Keep it simple, serve slices with some fresh fruit and iced tea.
A dollop of whipped cream or even a scoop of ice cream would be nice as well.
Drizzle the bread with a bit of a vanilla glaze for an even sweeter dessert.
The bread freezes easily and well, which means you can save some for when peaches are no longer in season.
Simply place cooked and cooled loaves into airtight bags and freeze.
Alternatively, slice the bread and freeze slices in airtight bags. Freezing slices allows you to just grab what you need instead of an entire loaf at one time.
Use up frozen bread within 6 months for best flavor and to prevent freezer burn
- 1/2 Cup Melted Salted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cups Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Peeled & Chopped Peaches
- 3/4 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Slivered Almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- If making the optional topping, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Whisk together the melted butter, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir just until mixed.
- Fold in the chopped peaches and almonds. Mix until completely incorporated.
- Spread the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon topping onto the top of the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55 to 65 minutes or until edges are golden and an inserted tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 261mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 5g
I try but cannot guarantee this nutritional information is 100% accurate.