Golden and vibrant Meyer lemon muffins are full of sweet, citrus flavor that is sure to brighten any day.
This lemon muffin recipe whips up quickly and can be made even more delightful with a quick lemon glaze.
Any Lemon Will Do
I baked these muffins up with some Meyer Lemons sent to me from a friend in Texas. Generally speaking, I have a very hard time finding Meyer Lemons in my small Montana town.
Please know that you could easily make these lemon muffins with any lemon variety you can find. The flavor will change slightly but no so much that it won’t be delicious.
I chose chopped walnuts for this recipe, because I like the crunch and flavor. Use any nut you prefer or skip them altogether.
Brushing the still warm muffins with a lemon glaze provides extra lemon flavor and sweetness. This is optional but quite wonderful.
The glaze also helps keep the muffins moist.
If you go for the glaze, do brush the glaze on with a pastry brush. Do brush it on still warm muffins.
Brush all the muffins once, coating each well, then go back and brush them again quickly for optimum flavor.
Maybe you’re blessed with a lemon tree and need to use up a bunch of lemons.
Make a double batch of these muffins because they freeze beautifully.
Simply place the baked muffins into an airtight bag or container. Thaw as needed, use up within 6 months for best flavor (and before freezer burn).
Meyer Lemon Muffins
Bake up meyer lemon nut muffins for a sweet and tart breakfast treat.
- 1/2 Cup Butter, melted
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- Zest of Lemon
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- Optional, Lemon Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a muffin tin.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and eggs until completely emulsified.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until almost combined.
- Fold in the chopped nuts and mix completely.
- Divide the batter among 12 muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan to cool on wire racks.
- Optionally, brush the still warm muffins with the lemon glaze. Brush each muffin twice. Let cool and glaze harden before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 123mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 6g
I try but cannot guarantee this nutritional information is 100% accurate.
Leave a Reply