Lightly sweet and tart from bits of bright red fruit, this fresh cranberry bread recipe is sure to be a holiday brunch favorite.
Cranberry quick bread is moist and sweet enough to serve as a light dessert and yet sturdy enough to serve alongside eggs for breakfast.
Easy, No Fuss Recipe
This is a such a perfect holiday recipe. It’s got all the right balances of sweet and moist while also being incredibly easy to make.
Cranberry bread will keep for several days at a room temperature too making it great for quick grab breakfast buffets.
Make the chopping of cranberries super easy by using a food processor. Just be sure to chop, not puree.
While the recipe is perfect as it is written, there are options to switch up flavor and texture. Consider adding:
- 2/3 Cup chopped nuts or slivered almonds
- 1/2 Cup chocolate chips
- the zest of an orange for a hit of citrus flavor
- 1 Tablespoon of poppy seeds
The recipe includes a bit of sparkling sugar baked on top for a bit of added crunch. Add more or less as desired.
Alternatively, skip the sugar and consider topping the baked and cooled bread with:
- A drizzle of dark or white chocolate
- A simple vanilla or almond glaze
Make a double batch when cranberries are in season and freeze the extra.
Simply place the baked and cooled loaves into an airtight bag or container. Or, slice and freeze the slices to pull out individual servings now and then.
Thaw as needed, use up within 6 months for best flavor (and before freezer burn).
- 1/2 Cup Salted Butter, melted
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Almond Extract
- 2 1/2 Cups Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Cranberries, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Coarse / Sparkling Sugar, optional for decorating
- Grease a 9X5 bread pan.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, milk, and almond extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until almost completely combined.
- Fold in the chopped cranberries and mix completely.
- Spread into the prepared loaf fan.
- Sprinkle the top of the batter with the coarse / sparkling sugar, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven 50 to 60 minutes or until inserted tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Turn out to cool completely on wire racks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 201mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g
I try but cannot guarantee this nutritional information is 100% accurate.