Moist, lightly, and loaded with shredded veggies these carrot muffins are sure to get your day off to a great start!
It seems every family has their own carrot muffin recipe and these too are basic enough to be delicious as is while also leaving plenty of room to make them unique.
The everyday simplicity of the ingredients are what make these muffins truly special. There’s nothing overly unique about carrots, raisins, and cinnamon and yet when they combine there is a fantastically flavorful result.
For the basic recipe, I chose cinnamon. It’s easy, most folks like it and it’s probably already on the spice rack in most homes. However, it is not the only choice.
In fact, spice of any sort doesn’t need to be included. Feel free to completely skip the cinnamon or any other spice as desired.
Switch the cinnamon up for other favored spices instead. Ginger, cardamom, and nutmeg are all good choices. A mix of spices would also be great some cloves and ginger for example. Pumpkin pie spice would also work. Go with what you have and love.
Moist, Good Keepers
Because of the shredded carrots these are moist, tender muffins. That moisture means they will stay fresh inside an airtight container for about 5 days at room temperature. Assuming they last that long.
Perfect for Freezing
Make a double batch if desired and freeze the extras for quick on-the-go breakfasts later. Simply put the cooled muffins in a freezer bag or other container and freeze.
Eat frozen muffins up within 6 months for best flavor and to prevent freezer burn.
Want to try some adding some carrots to a savory bread? Be sure to check out my carrot cloverleaf rolls recipe here.
Moist and loaded with shredded carrots and raisins these muffins are sure to be an easy way to fuel busy mornings.
- 1 1/2 Cups Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Grated Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a muffin tin.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together melted butter, egg, milk, and sugar until completely emulsified.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until almost combined.
- Fold in the grated carrots and raisins and stir until completely combined.
- Divide the batter among the 12 muffin cups evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes. An inserted toothpick will come out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the muffin tin and cool completely on wire racks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 192mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g
I try but cannot guarantee this nutritional information is 100% accurate.
I just made these. They are delicioius! I added walnuts because my husband loves crunch in his food. Thank you for the recipe.
Thanks so much for letting me know and yum to the walnuts!